My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Brave the Breast Walk

So post Jazz night it was up EARLY to do a walk for breast cancer charity called Brave the Breast.

It is a 10k hike up to the top of a highest peak in the Ezulweni Valley (not Swaziland). Basically 5k up 5 down.

Several of the PC staff did the hike including the Country Director's family. One other PCV did the hike with me and at the top it was a wonderful view and breeze.

By the way Ezulweni Valley is the tourist area with the only movie theater in teh country, lots of good resturants that serve familiar food (I am not a fan of Swazi food) and if your ever visiting there is lots of great things to see & do but its not a place to come to for the food.

Over between the fri night music & Sat walk, some good food. It was a much needed "vacation" from my site.

And then I rushed back on Saturday night so I could make the 8am Sunday community meeting for my Social Center project.

No comments:

Post a Comment