My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day #1 of Bread and Vet Part 2 (11-2)

So I come home from work covered in cream under my clothing, I am told I have to wash all clothing, sheets, extra stuff the dog has been around (which means my neighbor is going to be making some money, since I pay her to do my laundry, now no comments on this part of my Swazi experience. Kidding, I understand that I am bordering on Posh Corps)

Now normally he is waiting at the bathroom door when he hears me come in and then we go outside right away, Most of the time I think he pees at the door from excitement. Anyway, he is sitting on his bed obviously not feeling well, but he gets up and drunkly walks outside stubbles down the steps, I laughed really hard at the tubble and he pees and goes to climb back up the steps. He is so small that going up is hard work and he basically can’t make it up. Strange but then he is drunk, and I can remember a couple of times I couldn’t make it up steps.

Anyway, I help in the house and pack him away back in the bathroom and head off to soccer practice.

When I come home more of same but he kind of seems worse, he hasn’t eaten which is also different this dog eats anything. But Russians, popcorn and bananas are his favorite so far that I have discovered.

Anyway, we play around a little but he obviously doesn’t feel well.  At around 1030, I put him back in the bathroom, he isn’t allowed ever in my room, where he sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment