My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day #2 of Bread and the Vet (11-3)

At 530 in the morning I hear him crying, very rare so I go pick him up and try to see what is wrong. And it seems like he has lost weight over night. Plus, there is like 3 puddles of pee on the floor and poop in his bed, again rare he always poops away from his bed in the bathroom.

So I basically go lay on the floor with him on my chest, again a common thing and we fall asleep. At about 630 I feel something on my chest. He POOPED on my chest in his sleep. UGH. Talk about an alarm clock. (I had a shirt on of course).

Anyway, I am getting concerned. I leave him with a smorgasbord of food in the bathroom and head to work. I am covered in cream and plan on stopping by the vet to ask questions.

When I get there he says I should bring him in the afternoon. So I go to work, do some minimal computer work and leave at lunch to go get Bread and bring him back to the vet.

When I get home he is obviously sicker and none of his favorite food was even touched.

Again, he goes in the bag and I bring my Cussler book and sit in lobby with a dog in the bag, and again he POOPS in the bag in his sleep. UGH. What a mess that was to try and clean up with a just couple of napkins.

So the vet arrives, I was early, and he sees that Bread has gotten sick. He says it was probably some reaction to one of the shots. And he is already dehydrated. Because basically he hasn’t eaten or drank anything in over a day. And for such a small puppy that is pretty dramatic, he even looked skinnier.

So the vet shoots his neck full of an IV like fluid that slowly seeps into his blood stream and a steroid shot. And with the advice if he isn’t better in the morning bring him back.

So back in the bag, back to the apt and back into the bathroom and I go back to soccer still covered in cream.

After soccer Bread doesn’t even get up and won’t eat. So basically I force some Russians down his throat, he wasn’t happy with me but food in the stomach has an interesting way of creating energy, So he was moving around now doing his usually follow me wherever I go in the apt. But slowly and has no hope of climbing up any stairs. He still wont eat on his own. Well, lucky I happen to be frying up some Mince (hamburger meat) for dinner and the idea of feeding him hot cooked fresh meat, sounded like a good idea.

And guess what he is eats it, well kind of he misses half of it and will only eat it out of my hand. But he is eating.

He goes to sleep with a little bit of food in his belly.


1 comment:

  1. A lot of volunteers (myself included) would pay to have their laundry done. You are helping the local economy.

    ReplyDelete