My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day #3 of Bread and the Vet (11-4)

Well, when I woke up around 630 all was quite in the house. Bread was asleep and slow getting moving. So before work I decided I better fry him up some Mince. And he eats it all a little better this time but now he is grinding his teeth as he eats it. The strange things with this puppy just keep piling up.

So I leave him knowing he has plenty of food in his stomach, but hasn’t drank a thing. But the fluid is still in his neck, so he won’t die of starvation or dehydration.

I actually have a very busy day at work and get home just before I have to go to soccer. I picked up some new dog canned food and bananas. I have like 15 minutes before having to go to practice I feed him a whole banana and he eats it up, but he still wont eat his regular food. But I did see him drink some water.

So rain, thunder and lightning roll in as I am walking to practice (by the way it seems to rain at night here a lot and the sunset brings in the rain. In the last month it has probably rain at least 15 times in the evening/night and only once during day). So I turn around cause I know no one will show. And go back to my now very skinny puppy.

Hey, he has energy and can climb up the stairs after his go outside. So I open the can of new dog food, put the doggie vitamins that I always put in there as well as some mixed veggies and put it in his bowl. And he eats it all like he hasn’t eaten in 3 days.

His belly was like a round ball taped to a stick. It looked so funny to see his full belly. Anyway, as the rainstorm raged outside, the power went out. The candles and flashlights come out I begin typing this as he sleeps at my feet. By the way, his skin is dramatically better and the scratching has dramatically decreased, so I didn’t go through all of that for nothing.

And just as I was about wrap this up as the power came back on, he woke up and started his I have to take a dump/pee routine and almost crapped on the floor, but I grabbed him and took him outside. Where he crapped 3 times and peed once. He walked back into the house and went straight to his bowl for more food. Which I happily gave him more. I am pretty sure he will be alright.

WHEW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment