My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

All Back at Ingoini

All of us back in Ingonini, we have really become a very solid group, there are very few clicks, no feuds and only one or two that are bordering on the can't get along with catagory.

In the evening, we have a private group meeting to discuss the subject that I can't post on a blog. It goes pretty well a totally new suggestion comes out of that was better then the original.

Got the best complament an American could get from a Swazi woman.

The story goes, I was building the fire for the bonfire in the evening (we had on every night at Ingonini) with a lighter, a paper box, small kindling,all dry and easy to light. I put some wood (like from a lumber yard not regular firewood).

It started up very easy. But the Swazi women, who cooked are evening meal, where watching and since the fire started up and turned into a nice fire in pretty much about two minutes. They said to me and I quote "You are a real Swazi!"

I can hardly speak the language but I sure can integrate. Everyone I told the story argees it really is an excellent complament. (By the way cooking by open fire is a regular daily thing here)

No comments:

Post a Comment