My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Moving Out day

Completely moved out of my host families homestead. Frankly, it feels like the end of working on a movie, its just time to move on to the next one (or in this case the next step.)

Before leaving I gave them all a bunch of gifts from the US. Mom is truely an excellent gift picker even for people in another culture she has no idea about. The grandmother & mother & 12 yr old daughter scrafs & jewerly. 9 yr old boy GI Joe figures (ok that my gift) and Mom's idea a Harmonica. The Teenage boy a Tie, Plus Cell phone Air Time (like giving away Gold over here).
His friend who was over all of the time, a Hollywood key chain..

Ok, if you ever need packing advice hire my mom, as I was packing I realized that my mom was a genius cause I used virtually everything that I brought (and the stuff sent away in the other I couldn't even remember what was in there). Totally excellent. In fact, the only thing I can of to have her send at my permanent site are basically soccer related or silly stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment