My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Adventure Home day 17 (Back in LA)

So as I type this the first morning in LA as former Peace Corps Volunteer.  PC has paid me my readjustment allowance, I have health insurance through one of their carriers and now its time to move on to a new life.

But a few things to finish the travel story home. 


Time in airplane: 45min Swaziland to Joberg, 8 hours Joberg to Dubai, 7 Dubai to London, 2 hours London to Iceland, 5 Iceland to NYC, 6 hrs NYC to LA = 27 & 45min hrs

Time in Airport: 3 hours Swaziland, 4 ½ Joberg. 7 hours in Dubai, 6 hours in Heathrow, 2 hours in Iceland. 5 hrs in JFK, 1 1/2 LAX = 29  hrs.

All of that just to get home.   It was so nice to see the family, they even had "Welcome Home sign"

It is nice to be back, no doubt, I kept saying that PC always had a  time limit and it seems like just how involved my trip back worked out so great, proved it.

I do have a new claim to fame.  In the evening after returning to LA my Dad & I did what we do go and see movie, The Expendables 2, which gives me the claim to fame that I three movies in three days London, New York City & Los Angeles.  Actually, I have new bucket list idea, I want to be able to say that I saw movies in tons of different countries, so when I visit different countries in the future, I am going to try do that see more movies in more countries.

So nice to be back.

In a few days I will do my final Swaziland Reflections post to wrap up my service.

No comments:

Post a Comment