My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Last Project Part 2 (Little Done, other stuff)

 So this day not much got done, I delivered more blocks in the morning.  So they finished the sides of the tank what is left is the top which they would have started on today but the reenforcing wire which is delivered by Dennis & his tractor was delay because he got a flat tire.  So tomorrow they start the top.

Where the crap exits!!!

But the other much more interesting items of the day was my going away party which was at the Town Council attended by about 25 people almost all I knew & worked with in my 2 years including officials of the FA (football association), SOS Children's Village, Town Council of course, AMICAALL, all listed the constructions/painting as huge marks of success.  Which since all said they wanted me to stay just proved to me that I am finishing on completely high success note, if I had done a year three I would have had to find something completely different to do in town.  Surprisingly, I wasn't very emotional.  But I still have week & half left til departure.





Then in the evening Sabelo & I went to the Anti Crime Police Awards where we both represented AMICAALL in accepting a certification of appreciation for our work with the Anti Crime Unit.   So a very fulfilling day.




2 comments:

  1. Don't know if my previous post made it ... but, anyway, a great way to finish 2 years of great work. So glad Mom and I were there to see some of the work and meet some of the folks who've worked so hard with you. You've made some dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can really be proud of what you accomplished there in your two years. The people know it and have shown you that your work was appreciated. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete