My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Monday, October 3, 2011

SSCS part 15 (Day One of the tournament of SSCS)

So it has been over a month of great moments, struggles and lots and lots of hard work.

I arrived at the stadium (same place all of the Black Terrors games are played) at 6:30, the first game is at 8:00am and hte entertainment music acts supposed to start around 9:30am.

We are collecting a gate fee and a representative of each team is there to help at the gate. The SRFA lines the field, puts up the net and brought my new good ball I bought in the US for the games. It was all we needed to start.

And unlike many things in Swaziland soccer actually starts on time. And so at 8:00AM SSCS main event began. We were setting up tents, banners, MTN showed up with tables & chairs, the PA system was set up, DJ and entertainment acts performed, AMICAALL talked about HIV.

Unfortunately, PSI didn't show up on to talk about Male circumcision I still haven't heard the official reason why they didn't show.

The first game was exciting at half time it 3-0 and the end it was 3-3 and into penalties where it went to the sixth kick. The next game was Sabelo's team, unfortunately he couldn't play cause of his responsibilities to the event. His team won 2-1. The third game was the Black Terrors vs Amagagasi, last season we beat Amagagsi in a dramatic win (http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2010/11/game-6-3-3-0-12-points.html) and lost 0-1 to them. Well, as I stood in the stands as the organizer of the event the team was playing in, I felt very little regret in quitting. The team showed up way after the other team. The other team got a good 30 minutes of warm up, The Terrors allowed a goal in first 2 minutes and I had called it to the people around me. I watched the first half then went a relieved the Terrors fan manning the gate. I just could watch. Everytime people ask me "I tell them the executives got to go and will come back.

The 4th game was a 2-1 win and well played, except for the Terrors all the teams palyed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment