My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Escaping for a weekend

So they tell us PC is a 24/7 job and it kind of is at least at first when everyone is paying attention to you. Everyone is always paying attention to our movements, so it is key to escape when possible. The hide in your hut for a couple of days is a common story, but since I have a day job and a game on every weekend, I very rarely got that opportunity.

So maybe now that I have free weekends I can do that. But this last weekend, I got a real escape. 3 days of relaxing and doing what I love best. Seeing movies in a theater. I rarely watch them on computer (very rare for PCV's) and never on TV. But this weekend, I saw Pirates again (I saw it in America) and Transformers 3 TWICE.

Transformers 3 rocked I loved it. Loved it so much I went back the next day to see it instead of Hangover 2 (which I also saw in the US). Fri, Sat and Sun (Sat I did a really enjoyable hike in the AM, my first real hike in Swaziland). Plus, hot showers every morning.

So relaxing. It was 10 months of weekend games, I am so glad to have free weekends, I hope I can do some traveling around Swaziland to see other PCV's

This movie theater opened in December and its the only in one country and I damn sure glad it opened. Plus, they get the movies mostly around the US opening but not longer than 2 months after US release so they are all recent.

Next rip is when Harry Potter the FINAL shows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment