My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Mormons

Oh, on Sunday night I got a visit from 2 Mormon missionaries. One from Utah and the other from South Africa.

Since I spent 2 1/2 years living in Utah and 5 years with a girlfriend who used to be one. I know the scoop.

It was just fun to have someone over for the evening. Since they get to drive around a truck, which is unusual for Mormons, they are always on bikes. It is easy for them to be out at night.

A fun talk and frankly they have gotten the indoctrination pretty well but of course when I started talking about how Joesph Smith was killed by a mob in an Illinois jail they kind of have a hard time defending that one. Plus, they don't get that kind of knowledge outside the US coming at them. So it was fun, I also threw at them the scary HIV stats that this country has, which of course they knew nothing about since they are just here to convert and not really help like the PC and other NGO's are.

Besides Swaziland is 90% Christian so they are only converting people to be Mormon not to Jesus & God.

They are going to starting coming over every Monday to use my internet. So, yeah something to do in the evening when its dark other than internet, read, cook, read and do my Yo Joe website stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Oh well, your kindness is a good thing ... I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear your conversation. They will not forget you, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete