My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Game#14 6-5-2 23 League Points

AAAAHHHH!!. So most my players where all showing up late, 4 players without boots (soccer shoes) its a problem here but never before on game day.

So I got mad and yelled at them about needing to be personally responsable for themselves. The execs didn't order a khumbi so that was late, thank God Dennis saved the day with khumbi.

We showed up 10 minutes past the game time, if it was 30 min it would have been canceled. This is are 16th game together and in 2011 they have been very sloppy & this was the pinancle.

I was so mad I let the Assistant Coach set the team, he put players where I wouldn't have. And I basically didn't do much coaching, I wanted the players to know I was seriously mad at them.

Anyway, we scored early. And then scored again at the beginning of the 2nd, then let in a dumb goal and then another dumb goal. Even though it was a draw it was really a loss.

2011 keeps getting worse for the team, I am not sure why either. By the way, this was the first and only time I got mad at the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment