My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SwaziBank Cup possiblities

So Swaziland has a national tournament called the SwaziBank Cup. All of the teams of hte 1st & 2nd division qualify and the top 2 teams in 3rd divison (Super League and my dividson) qualify.

The Black Terrors are currently in 4th Place. At the end of 12 games the top 2 teams with the most points qualify.

We currently have 22 Points are in 4th place with 2 games to play.

The first place team (which we beat) has 25 points and 1 game to play.
The 2nd place team (which we havea draw with) has 24 points with 2 games to play.
the 3rd place team has 23 points and we play them on Sunday.
The 5th place team (which we beat) has 20 point but 3 games to play.

So that means that this Sunday' game is a huge game the biggest of the season.

So I am coaching by butt off at practice and have the best attendence in a while since the players understand the importance.

Plus, I am running a try out to add more players on Saturday before the big game.

Soccer really has become the dominate thing that I think about pretty much all day long.

The excitement with the games just never seems to end.

EDIT-- I forgot to add on Saturday I am running a try out for the team to add more players since I don't have enough and there are 24 more games to go.

1 comment:

  1. Fun reading and remembering. BUT... need more pictures!!! Stay well

    Jack

    ReplyDelete