My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Life's amazing timing 14 balls 19 players

So I have a try out for the team on Saturday and have opened practice to any player who is interested in making the team. Kind of pre-try out tryout.

A couple of weeks ago, I helped the team get a sponsorship and which partially paid for training soccer balls and league fees. So I had ordered 14 cheap not very good soccer balls, I went with quantity over quality. They arrived today and then I went to practice.

I showed up at the usual 5pm and only a couple of people then they just started flowing in. equaling a total of 19 players, 9 are registered the rest are maybes to the team.

I normally only have 2 or 3 balls at practice and usually only 5 to 10 players.

So life's timing turned out to be amazing with so many balls and players.

A day off on Fri from soccer then Try Outs on Sat and the biggest game of the season on Sun.

EXCITING. And I really love presssure. It is funny how I lived with it for years working in movies, and the move to Africa has been a relaxing event until this game came around and I feel the difference, Ah, presssure/stress got to love it and hate it at the sametime

No comments:

Post a Comment