My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Coming to America

Well it looks I will be in Los Angeles sometime in late May.

For my sister's wedding, which is actually in Mexico.

YEAH. YEAH. It was kind of an in question thing whether I would make it but Rachel solved the problem. Us Eggebeen's are such good problem solvers.

She found a website called Chip In dot com which helps raise funds. So visit this site and help Josh get back to LA to go to Mexico. (Right now the cheapest flight has me flying from Johannesberg to London to LA, that is literally flying over 3 entire contenients, Africa N to S, Europe N to S and North America E to W, then when you add Mexico it is North American N to S. WOW)

Anyway if you can Chip In I would appricate it.

http://josheggebeen.chipin.com/plane-ticket-for-my-sisters-wedding

It is already working and I haven't sent it out to everyone. (Dad's Facebook friends have real literally paid off for me, so thanks to everyone who has already contributed.)

So I basically make under $100 US Dollars a month. Now that translates to about E2200 a month here, which is basically right on the line of just enough and not to much. I am complaining to them that I live in the city and should be adjusted up, they argue back that I need to adjust to living within the stipen. Anyway, its all pennies basically. Hence, the need ask for help for hte very expensive plane ticket. To see Rachel & Cy get married.

At one point they were debating a honeymoon in South Africa/Swaziland but work took that away.

So I am headed to LA in late May.

1 comment: