My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bring on the routinue

Everyday at work I suspect for the next couple of weeks will be introductions, site visits to the caregiver facilities and just basic how to do this and that. It is funny how after 10 years in the film world I pretty much had the routine down. Now everything is completely new & different.

Pretty much my daily routine will be walk to work (20 minutes) probably eat a "Fatty" or the Swazi version of a donut and yes it is actually called that.  Lunch at 1pm for an hour, hopefully leftovers from dinners to save money, but there is a KFC in town that is always tempting. Wrapping up work at 4pm, walk home change and get soccer gear to head to field by 5pm. The field is literally just up the hill from my house, 10 minutes if I don't stop and talk to the people in my neighborhood.

Come home as the sun has just set, make dinner, bath cause it is amazing how dirty one gets playing on a complete red dirt field. Read, internet or paint, organize or clean. No TV and don't plan on getting one. Nor have I watched a movie, but at some point I do plan on having movie nights at my place.

1 comment:

  1. You can always save KFC for a special meal once a week.

    Any place that sells something like "turkey"? - you can host a Thanksgiving meal (or have a local restaurant do it) for the PCVs in the area as well as anyone who has been to USA.

    ReplyDelete