My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Almost to Site

AT 8:30 am, I arrive at the backpackers were most of Group 8 is eating breakfast. I get an actual applause. Nice to know that I was missed, I got many supportive texts when at Gloria's. Basically, the Group spent the day shopping for their permanent sites. Since I live in town and stuff easily available, I hunted for hard stuff to find. My purchases.

1. A Texas Hold' Em Poker set with felt, cards, chips, YEAH
2. 10 Soccer cones for coaching
3. One pair of excellent soccer socks so my feet don’t keep getting destroyed.

Also got the official tour of the PC Office and PCV lounge not that big really, but they are using some of the funds Obama used to increase the PC budget to expand the office, it will be a welcome addition, since PC with are swear in just set the record for in country PCV's at 86. And it is expanding even more next yr with a teaching program not directly HIV related.

At the bar in the evening, people started asking me direct questions about my life, basically up until tonight, I really hadn’t said much personal to the Group. It was funny to watch the reaction of the college aged kids to stories. Age sure gives us stories, the good, the bad, the ugly and the hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment