My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Adventure Home Day 1 (Leaving Nhlangano)


So I wake up early get to the internet store to pay the bill fight the e50 extra and discover they did turn it off early.  Then I head to the water company to pay that final bill since they had turned off my water a day early also leaving me my last night/day with no water or internet. Swaziland is trying to get even more money out of me before I leave.

Well, the water company says my final bill is E480, WHAT, the monthly bill for the 2 years was usually around E100.  Within the last few days a water leak had created a poodle that had appeared in the courtyard area.  Well, 30 liters of water was added to my bill.  So as the Peace Corps driver shows up to pick me up, I tell him the story and he goes to pick up my fellow Group 8 PCV Kris, who we scheduled leaving together, So I call the landlord, who will come over to pay the bill having already known about the leak, but its tomorrow so I pay half adding to the money she owes plus the deposit.  I leave the water company wondering if it will get sorted out quickly, which is not something that happens often in Swaziland.  I rush home drag my stuff on my house stack it up in big pile me out to the courtyard and the driver shows up we toss it in and I AM OUT.

THAT’s IT DONE.

No tears, or hardly even the feeling of not wanting to leave, my time is up here in Nhlangano but still 10 days to before leaving Swaziland.  I accomplished a lot, I certainly helped a few people and reconnected with part of myself that had been lost in my Hollywood life.  Coming out of Peace Corps, I have clear head & heart like I haven’t had in long time.  Plus, weight what I weighted back in high school.  So its all smiles and no tears.  Spending the next few days in Mbabane hanging with friends and hopefully collecting back my rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment