My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Social Center Part 22 (Slowing Down)

So in one week the building has gone through a miraculous transformation and everyone is giving me credit for it. I was stopped 3 times in town to be told what A great thing I have done. This center wouldn't have been changed without my arrival here in Swaziland & Nhlangano, so its hard to deny it.

BUT THERE IS NO WAY I HAVE DONE IT ALONE.

I keep telling people that I have been helped all the way by Titi & Dennis. As they are still helping both literally with on site work and then the management.

As the title says it is time for the project to slow down. The majority of the work has been completed. Really all that is left for this stage is paint touch ups, fixing the roof (painting it) more painting, Joseph finishing his artwork. And then its Christmas Eve. And all work stops til the New Year.

And speaking of the New Year.

The Grand Opening is scheduled for January 5th when Mom & Dad are here. And some big news will be announced at that ceremony regarding the Social Center and the Peace Corps.

So the outside of the building transforms literally in front of our eyes as Joseph works. But since I am just teasing until it is completed. (Look for the complete artwork blog post in about a week.)

Here you go:



Joseph painting sky part of the landscape.




I thought this was a cool looking picture of the front door and its burglar bars just an interesting mix of lines and swirls.




And a distant shot of the Center showing how it looks now. (Still teasing). But every inch of the surface of the Center is now covered with paint. Both inside and Outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment