My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FUNDED ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (other Black Terrors news)

Tonight, I got the news that my PCPP project (see the heading) is now completely funded.

I started the application in January, it went up on the PC website in May (the day I arrived in the US on vacation) and now its is time to get to work.

We are starting on Monday.

Titi, one of the Black Terrors, a pre-school teacher in AMICAALL Ward 5 Social Center, great friend and he will be the Project Manager for the Swazi stuff. He was here when the news came in so lots of excitement and relief. Cause now we start doing all of the prep work before the money gets transferred to Swaziland.

It has been a long wait.

So after he left and I knew he was walking home I texted him "Your Fired!!!" Of course, he knew it was a joke.

Ok, more news also happened today.

Dennis and I have been talking about quitting the Black Terrors cause of the BS with the execs and lack of players at practice and basically this up coming season is going to be disaster and its better to get out before the season starts.

We meet the Manager Morris at KFC (yes, its the only American fast food in Swaziland and big meeting place in town) and talked about all quitting. So we are going to help register the players, so at least there is a team and the first game is this Saturday and no one is prepared. We are quitting on Friday. And to quote Dennis when I called him about the Social Center being funded his quote was "Now I a definitely so we can focus on the Social Center." As a side note for Morris' loyalty I am going to hire him as the Social Centers truck driver (his profession which he just lost his job from). Since I trust him and I know he is reliable for making sure that all of the items picked up on the truck actually arrive at the site. Nothing will be falling off the back of his truck.

WHAT A GREAT DAY.

GOD just keeps piling on the amazing timing of my experience over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment