My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Watched SwaziBank Cup Game in Manzini

Went to Manzini meet Liz and watched the SwaziBank Cup Game that the Youth Mentor Sabelo who works in my office is the goalie for, unfortunately he allowed 5 goals in as his defense fell apart. It was in one of the stadiums at night with lights and GRASS.

His team never plays in those conditions. By the way the "stadium" is probably equal to a US high school stadium, but most high school ones are bigger. Heck, most high school stadiums are bigger than the main one in town which is actually very nice.

An interesting experience happened as I walked into the stadium with about 100 people watching. Many of the fans from are town were their and starting screaming coach, glad to see you kind of thing. I looked at the other fans who wouldn't know me and they where like why at the Nhlangano fans making a scene about the white man. Anyway, my coaching position has really given me a status in the community that wouldn't be possible without my soccer background in both coaching and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment