My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Playing in a game with a uniform

So infrequently I have been playing with the Town Council team which is basically a Municpal league team for all of the cities, most everything has a soccer league here, police, fire, military, even the taxi union has its own league. So does the cities.

So I played on the field a lot during training and not much since arriving in Nhlangano.

But this was a real game, I told the coach I couldn't make 90 so pull me out. In the game, I was the man who passed to the man who passed to the man who scored the goal. ie 2nd assist.

Basically, I was in the middle of the field, I kicked the ball up and over the defense and the the striker got the ball took it down the field and passed it to the other striker who scored. Everyone congratulated me on being apart of the goal.

I have not played in a game in uniform on the field since 1991. And I was never on the field as player always as goalie. So a new experience. I LOVED IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment