My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mandela Games (post dated 1-27)

Second weekend of Nelson Mandela Children's Fund Sports League (my office runs these games and I am the main perosn in charge along with the Youth Mentor) it ran better, not perfect, we were still missing one team and ran a little late but over all not to bad. AS long at it keeps getting better.

After refereeing 3 games, I literally dragged my ass out to the Mahamba Gorge (the prettiest geoloical feature in the area) for a Briaa (barbecue) with several PCV's. It wasn't enough of a rest/relaxing to justify the trip but the only real time I can get away, life here between work (and the NMCF is work) and the coaching (which is not work at all, but very time consuming ) is seven days a week. No other PCV in Swaziland is as busy as I am, except maybe one or two that are in the NGO world, but the majority have way to much time on their hands. The irony is even though it has been 7 months since I been on a set, these full days still only feel like half days with evenings (that is every evening) off.

No comments:

Post a Comment