My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

More PC training

So more training from the PC and my first time leaving site for an evening since arriving on birthday in late August.

First Day IST - all remaining PCV's of Group 8 are back together for a training. My plan for Bread was to put him in a kennel, but the hotel maintenence staff loved Bread and said I could put him in the shed if I got a crate.

So I walked over to the one and only Pet store in town and bought a small dog travel case. So for the next wk & half Bread gets more attention, Josh time and other PCV time then normal.

I am missing a lot of soccer practices for this training and will try to make Sunday's game.

HOT SHOWERS, YES. Even though I have running water and bathtub, I have forgotten what a shower felt like. Funny for almost all of the others the shower was even more dramatic in terms of comfort and cleaning.

1 comment:

  1. I understand the feeling of a hot shower. In Malaysia, the water for my shower came from a large tub on the roof. The sun kept the water warm..... during monsoon times, the water was cold.

    ReplyDelete