My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Older news forgot to talk about

Oh, last Friday I got a package from Mom that was mailed in July.
The non-stick frying pan AWESOME. AWESOME.
M&M's with almonds and tons of goodies. Got to love care packages and this one was of those. Mom's packing skills prove awesome once again.

Oh, and forgot to report I finished Clive Cussler book #4 sometime in the last two weeks. Now I am on the hunt for more of those books until then I am reading Red Mars a very interesting but not very exciting book about the colonization of Mars.

Plus, a book on Tom Crean an Antarctic Explorer who traveled to the South Pole with both Robert Falcon Scott and Ernest Shackleton.

I love that reading has come back into my life. I have no TV and no plans to get one.

1 comment:

  1. Let's hear it for Mom ... some good reading ... and those fab M&Ms ... chocolate-covered almonds, of course. Thanks for all these updates. Hope Sunday's game goes into the win column.

    ReplyDelete