My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spagetti Sauce & cooking & physical

I made an excellent spagetti sauce. Theone I made for the host family was crap.

This one was really great. I found tomato paste at the store so that made a huge difference, onions, spices. YUMICOUS (That is my made up word it combines Yummy and Delicious)

I made so much of it I ate it for 3 days straight. Got to love the fridge.

By the way, I pretty much eat American food and I cook pretty much every night. In fact, in Swazi culture most men don't cook, so they are all surprised that I cook.

I rarely follow a receipe and pretty just make stuff up, although the PC did give me a really good cookbook that I get inspiration from.

I often make a Pholony sandwich for lunch, hots dogs, Russins (Sauages), Mince (hamburger meat), occasional steak, always vegatables are all usually in the mix some how. Ice cream for desert. And I have found I really like Oros, it is a squash based drink. Very refreshing. So I am eating well and cooking a bunch. But have to be under 180 pounds (haven't been on a scale since my time in the sick bay, ie Swear in, ie late August). But I feel lighter and the stomach is flat and nothing on the sides.

I have decided that when I finish my 2 years which is when I am 40 that I am going to be completely fit. Soccer keeps me running and I am going to figure out weight lifting and execise to do in hte evening after practice. Got to pass the evening time some how. Anyway, nothing could be better for the being completely fit at 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment