My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Independence Day & enough with the paintng. ENOUGH

Swaziland Independence Day

Decided after another round of touch up in the bedroom that I am giving up on the paint being even, and now I have discovered that it rubs off realitively easy. I guess that is what I get for buying the cheapest paint out there. The room that went great I bought the more expensive paint and had the color I wanted mixed together. The touch ups blended in perfect and it doesn't rub off. I have never heard of a hosue paint that rubs off. UNBELIEVEABLE. Maybe some day I will return to fixing it, but enough is enough. Plus, I still have the bathroom to do & the kitchen could also use a paint job.

But I got two years, got save something to do in the down time.

And decided that I really didn't want to sleep in the room, so I left my bed and only the bed in guest room and moved everything else into the "bedroom". When guest arrive, I figure out something different to do

Coached an afternoon game, lost 4 to1 but we won the shot battle easily probably realistically 35 to10, the defense had a bunch of mid fielders playing since most of the regular defensive players didn't show up. Also, I changed the formation to a more offensive style and it showed, I think the team once firing with all their cleats on will be very good, just have to get them in shape in lots of ways, but the talent is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment