My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1st day out of office and into another office

First time I left Nhlangano for the day (not night), a PC meeting with the NGO group, this is small group 9 PCV who work directly with NGO's here in Swaziland. The rest are Health AIDS workers and not specifically attached to one organization.

I work with AMICAALL, so do 2 others, most are very busy and we did lots of venting cause most of us have some kind of difficulties with mixing PC life with the NGO. Anyway, it was very, VERY productive and helpful.

It is once a month and I realized that with the exception of running into other PCV's in town. I haven't hardly hung out with an PCV's since coming to my site. It was refreshing.

Also had a meeting with the Country Director that mostly positive. Similar stuff as before was said to me. But they did help out with some extra bills that I incurred by living in a city. So that is good. Basically it was a day of complaining about PC stuff and getting reassurance that the system kind of works but has lots of holes. And not a lot of flexiability.

No comments:

Post a Comment