My big project, Finishing the Ward 4 AMICAALL/Nhlangano Town Council Social Center, the PCPP

ITS FINISHED

Peace Corps Partnership Proposal (PCPP) with the Nhlangano Town Council (NTC)


http://swazilandreflections.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-big-project-finishing-ward-4.html

First application draft submitted Feb, 2011
Approved & Funding Begins on PC website May 17th
IT WAS COMPLETELY FUNDED on Sept 8th.
Construction started on Oct 24th.
All exterior construction done by Dec 20th.
Grand Opening Jan 5th, 2012
Round 2 of the Funding arrives in early January.
Interior Only Construction Restarts Jan 16th.
Construction all done Feb 16th (minus a million tiny To Do's)
Project Officially Closed May 4th, 2012

Let the children play, learn & be safe.


As of Aug 25th, 2012, I am no longer a PCV, I am now RPCV (Return Peace Corps Volunteer). This blog is my experience in Swaziland between June of 2010 & Aug of 2012. Enjoy.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 2 Tests

Country Director interview, she is negative and wants me down to ZERO on the activity level by the end of PST, NO WAY. She expresses that I am running at to high a pace for the slower life a PCV needs to have

Fail Language test, I just can't understand what people are saying to me. Although I seem to be able to read it pretty well.

Visit the Orion and have lunch with John the Swaziland Country Director from 1989-1992 & his wife, meet his daughter who lives in Mozembique on the beach, will probably visit her someday in the future

As sun us setting get driven into Pigg's Peak (away from home) by Timba with Andrew cause all of the Khumbes (which are 15 seat mini vans and the only public transportation) are full, at the Pigg's Peak bus stop

At Bus stop run into Nelly the BOSH AIDS Orphan and DuDuzer, the first born son of my host family's grandmother, who is coming back to my homestead. Nice since I arrive when it is dark. (And there are no street lights and very little lights)

so we all ride in the same Khumbe, DuDuzsa of course walks with me to my homestead cause his mother lives there and it is where he grew up in the dark

No comments:

Post a Comment